A Kinder, Customized Approach
You know you want to exercise, you know you need to — but you just don’t have it in the tank today?
We get it. We don’t expect you to go all-out all the time. In fact a measured and moderate approach to fitness is our credo. The body responds to kindness and compassion, not a rigid, one-size-fits-all approach.
That's why all of our teachers are specially trained to offer multiple modifications to make each exercise accessible to a wider variety of people and needs on a given day.
Working out with an injury, condition, or special circumstance?
That doesn't mean you have to skip out on the activities you love. Of course listen to your doctor first, but if you have all-clear to get moving, we’ll take good care of you.
Here's how to practice self-care for your workout:
- Go slow. Give your body a chance to feel-out the exercise before diving into the more intense version, or the deeper range of motion.
- Trust the process. Not every sensation needs to be "sensational" — in fact, the body often responds well to a subtler approach, and that means less inflammation and recovery time.
- Don’t go it alone. Ask for help. When you are weaving more exercise and movement into your life and working with obstacles, it is important to ask for expert help, whether that’s a physical therapist, doctor, or your btone instructor: when you aren’t sure about something, just ask!
- Resist the dominant paradigm. You know we LOVE good resistance, and that applies to bucking the trend that more is always better. It’s not. That’s why we recommend you get plenty of rest and enjoy your life in between btone sessions. There’s no need to take more than 3-4 classes a week, and when you’re starting out, even less! Your body will get stronger faster, simply by you showing up consistently, but backing off too!
- Drink. Heavily. Are you drinking enough water? Are you really?
- Sleep. Working out without getting adequate rest is like poking holes in your gas tank. Why would you do that?
In TONEd Down, the instructors really take their time to explain the nuances of the exercise and make sure everyone in class gets it. I've taken a few classes, and greatly appreciate this detailed and slowed down version of TONE.
Who is btone surprisingly excellent for?
- People living with Arthritis and other chronic inflammatory issues
- Folks living with Fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue
- Athletes working with an injury (old or new)
- A btone regular, growing another soon-to-be btone fan
- Mamas: Postnatal
- Humans working with back pain and eager to ease it
Want a little extra hand-holding? (Us too)
We've created a specialty TONEd Down class that is specifically designed for newbies, and those that want a slightly slower approach to learn useful modifications, and techniques to take with them into our regular TONE class.
At btone, each individual has their own reason for walking through our doors. More times than not we hear how people hesitated because they thought it would be too hard for them.
The truth is everyone, of every fitness level, age, shape and size is welcome here, and our workout is designed to meet you exactly where you are.
Get Started with
3 Classes for Just $30
Get your sweat on in one of our many convenient locations!
Start seeing real results with slow, smart movements.
Be sure to keep notification checkboxes enabled when creating your account, or you won't have proper access to your classes.
New Clients Only
Must be used 30 days from purchase date